It's not just for boys!
Family Scouting includes and encourages the entire family participation, including girls and boys.
Check out this great informational video on Family Scouting. http://www.danbeard.org/familyscouting
- Yes, Pack 135 plans on welcoming Girls into the Pack.
- Yes, the Boy Dens and Girl Dens will be separate. However, there may be times the Dens participate in activities together.
- Boys and Girl Dens will meet together for Pack Meetings.
- Will need Den Leaders for both Dens.
- The uniforms will look the same, but there will be girl uniforms that are designed differently for girls. Skorts can be worn by girls.
- Handbook content is essentially the same, however they will be coil-bound, the covers will reflect the colors associated with each rank accordingly, and new pictures have been added to include both boy and girl Cub Scouts.
- Cub Scouts will continue to be called Cub Scouts, girls invited in June 2018.
- Boy Scouts will become Scouts BSA, Girls will be invited in Feb 2019
- Venture Crew, Sea Scouts, and Explorers will have no change to their name or membership. They have included boys and girls for years.
There are many resources on the Dan Beard website on Family Scouting. I encourage you to review the materials.
Do you have girls interested in joining?
For additional information, please contact our Cubmaster, Jason Schuster, at email@example.com