General Notes for Baptism at St. Veronica Parish
- Families of a child requesting baptism must be registered parishioners of St. Veronica Church.
- It is required that the parents have attended a Baptismal preparation before your child is baptized. Baptismal preparation classes are held on the second Tuesday of the odd numbered months. All classes are held in the Ministry Center beginning at 7 p.m. Godparents are encouraged to attend, but it is not mandatory. Call the parish office to register for the preparation session.
- It is preferred that baptisms are celebrated during a weekend Mass, but may also be celebrated after the 11:30 Mass.
- 2019 baptisms, outside of mass, will be celebrated on - Jan. 13 & 27 Feb. 10 & 24, Mar. 10 & 25, May 12 & 26, June 9 & 23, July 14 & 28, Aug. 12 & 26, Sept 13 & 25, Oct. 13 & 27, Nov. 10 & 24, Dec. 8 & 22.
- Baptism dates are confirmed when the (green) registration form has been returned to the parish office. You will receive a phone call from the parish office confirming the date.
- Please be at church at 12:30 p.m. Baptisms will begin at 12:45.
- Each family will have its own section of pews so there is no limit as to the number of family and friends that can attend.
- A donation to the parish at the time of baptism is appreciated.
- Sponsor forms need to be returned at least 1 week prior to the baptism. Please look over “Choosing My Child’s Godparent” before selecting your Godparents.
- Any parent with a child over the age of 3 will need to schedule a meeting with Bill Frantz, Pastoral Associate, 688-3155 prior to your child being baptized.
In addition, the Catholic Godparent must:
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Be an active Catholic.
- Be a fully initiated Catholic (through the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist).
- Return a Godparent form signed by their pastor (if they are not members St. Veronica).
- A child may have one or two Godparents; If two, Godparents must be one male and one female.
- Preferably, a Godparent is asked to attend a baptism preparation class at St. Veronica, or their home parish.
For further information contact Bill Frantz by calling 513.688.3155 or by email at email@example.com